Doesn't recognize dongle but ran ok for 4 months

Roger Mac

Hey guys.

I've been running Studio Case (Cubase SE) since August with no problem. Retail version, not a crack. Recently upgraded to Win XP SP2, added an additional disk drive for more space and installed the VST components from Studio Case.

A few days after the upgrades I booted up, started up Cubase, recorded vocals for 4 hours. Rebooted the PC, tried starting Cubase again and got an error saying "No Protection Device Connected" from Syncrosoft License Control.

System>Device Manager says the dongle is an "unknown device" with no driver. Tried moving the dongle to another USB port and got "New Hardware detected". Tried my printer on the old dongle port and it worked fine. Moved the dongle back to it's original port (yes it does light up) and still get the same error (but no "New Hardware" message when plugged in to the original port).

What the... heck? We have two more songs to record and four to mix down for a demo CD that we need to finish ASAP!

Any suggestions? Is the dongle TU? Was the driver deleted (by rebooting?) Cubase did start up (several times) after the upgrades without a problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

FYI - Cubase tech support recommends updating the Syncrosoft License Control software.

Go to the Syncrosoft website, download the update/upgrade, uninstall Syncrosoft from your machine, install the update.

Suppose to fix this issue 99% of the time. I'll try it tonight.

Good luck and I hope it works. It is refreshing to see that someone is having a dongle issue since that means that you bought your software:D

The Syncrosoft upgrade seems to have worked. Now if only I could figure out why I have to pull out and reinsert the dongle and then "refresh" the License Control screen every time I boot up, I'd be great.

Back