Does Cubase SX-3 or Cubase 4 work on windows Vista?

Singhy

Does Cubase SX-3 or Cubase 4 work on windows Vista?

I'm just about to buy a new computer and im not sure weather my software will work on it.

thank you

C4 is supposed to be able to run on vista... though nobody seems to like it much.... that may change though with the up grade that's expected middle of next month... dont think sx3 will work well if at all... ya may want to check out cubase.net for specifics.... but be forwarned they can be as bad as the cave over there sometimes...

sx3 works but with bugs. I haven't confirmed that Vista is the ONLY cause for my glitches but it's definately a big issue.

It's still usable. It's just a big inconvenience to have to randomly re-start the program in the middle of a mix...

Sx3 works here, no bugs. I use sx3 on a vista home premium laptop with an alesis multimix, all the troubles, if any, are caused by the mixer :)

actually you hit on the real problem there... alotta interfaces dont have vista drivers available yet.... my tascam for one.... buit that should be addressed shortly too...

Studio 4 on Vista, but your RAM will go farther on an XP machine. I switched back to XP for that reason. Oh, and that with a Mackie Onyx 1220 interface.

Pete

Studio 4 on Vista, but your RAM will go farther on an XP machine. I switched back to XP for that reason. Oh, and that with a Mackie Onyx 1220 interface.

Pete

Yea I'm having a huge RAM issue as I usually run from 30 - 40 tracks....all with plug-ins.

I can't even export the mix in realtime...

i use sx3 with vista but i use to use xp. and since the switch it crashes more than twice as much.

Back