Cubasis/Tascam US-122 problem. How can I record midimusic to audio.

toal

Hi out there !

To get the midimusic to the mixdown, I have to record the midimusic to audio tracks. That's obvious, but how can I do that ?
I have got some advice about muting all the audio, create a new audiotrack and click on the record button.
My brain and the result tells me that this is not enough.
The audio file will only look for left and right audio input on the Tascam US-122 midi interface. On the audio input section on Cubasis, the only choices I have is left and right input.
I have Windows 98 SE on my computer.

I appreciate your help !

Thanks.
Torbjørn Alfsen

You do not have to convert midi for it to be a part of mixdown. Just hit "export audio" and everything you hear when you hit "play" in the transport bar will be in the mixdown.wav .

If you want just the midi track as a .wav, mute everything else and hit export audio, and you have the option of including that as part of the current project.

Hey, is your bundled Cubasis limited to eight audio tracks? I had Cubasis before I got the US122, and I can get that version up to 48 tracks.

Hope this helps.

Hi, and thank you for your reply.

Yes it is the 8 audio tracks version, and your solution will not work on my computer.
When I "export audio" and play it back, all I hear is the audiotracks.

Thanks anyway.

Regards
Torbjørn

apl said:
You do not have to convert midi for it to be a part of mixdown. Just hit "export audio" and everything you hear when you hit "play" in the transport bar will be in the mixdown.wav .

If you want just the midi track as a .wav, mute everything else and hit export audio, and you have the option of including that as part of the current project.

Hey, is your bundled Cubasis limited to eight audio tracks? I had Cubasis before I got the US122, and I can get that version up to 48 tracks.

Hope this helps.

Hey, toal, I'm sorry to hear that. I did an all midi piece that successfully generated a .wav file when I did export audio. What synth are you using? I can't remember if I used the one in Cubasis or the MS synth. I haven't tried it using Giga. Maybe you could try using a different synth.

I wish I could be of more help.

Where are you? I am Estonian, born in the US.

By the way, please give my song a listen, and post a comment or two about it. I recorded it using my US122. Thanks!

Back