Cubase Working Great For Me now Just A Couple Questions...

Les W

I tried cubase coming from CEP and after I ooened it I chuckled sacrcastically, then immediately exited the program and uninstalled it. (My first DAW was Protools BTW)

Then I got on Cakewalk and it was a lot better especially handling files in the MultiTrack recording. However the Editing is weak as hell.

Anyways I just installed Cubase again and it makes sense now. I am just wondering about a few things:

1. How - if you even can - how do you record over another event or clip without erasing it? There seems to be no recording options.

2. How do you get rid of the latency issues? I have a little echo.

I have a project that was due yesterday which I couldn't do cause I couldn't figure this out. I just need the answers in a bit of hurry and later i'll search through the manual.

Cubase works like most recording software...when you record "over" something, you aren't actually erasing it, you are just placing something new on top of it. You can use the handles on the edges of the audio events to size them to include what you want/dont want. You can also highlight them and hit "delete" which will delete them from the arrange window, but they will remain in the audio pool for your project (ctrl + P). The only way they will be erased from your hard drive is if you delete them through the pool or delete the actual files from your project folder. Another way to get at the clips you record things over is to right click on the clip on top and click 'move to front' then decide which one you want on top.

As far as latency, that is going to depend on the capabilities of your sound card. What are you using? You are going to have to play around with the buffer settings. These will be found under the "device setup" dialogue box under the tab "VST multitrack" I believe.

i have a SB Live!
4.1 channels, I think

The sound is better but it keeps 'clipping'
also self test fails haha!!

The soundcard is why you're getting latency. It doesn't have the ASIO capability.

If you get an Audigy card, it will work.

Back