Cubase SX3 projects working on Cubase 4?

Dom414

Hi folks,

Thinking of moving up to Cubase 4 but was wondering will my old SX3 projects work on it?

Think I read somewhere they dont.

I know the simple advice would be wait until finishing those existing projects, the problem with that is the way I work is not linear and projects get finished or abandoned then a year later or whatever I tend to go back to them anyway. Plus I play in a band and we share projects and I dont wanna upgrade if the others in the band cant use them on their SX3. For instance I got long term projects that have been put on hold for a couple of years which I intend to finish when not working on live stuff.

I imagine it will be possible to import audio and midi tracks and create projects manually, but if Cubase 4 converts the projects (like sx did) then that would be great!

I just upgraded my 2mth old PC to Vista so wanna get rest of my gear up to date also.

System: Dual AMD 4600+, 3.0 Gb ram, nvidia 7950GT, Vista Home Premium
Audio: Cubase SX3, BFD, Tascam FW1884,

Although I have not done it myself, I was at a lecture with Greg Ondo (Mr. Cubase) and he said that Cubase for would have not problems opening sx projects.

here's a question i can actually answer, :)
i moved all my projects from sx3 to 4 with no problems, though i've heard some of the plugs aren't ported or something.....
you can get more answers at cubase.net

Back