Cubase SX3 my metronome no longer works, can someone help?

nashunbooking

whether it is turned on or off doesn't matter, it completely stopped working and is making tracking difficult on some projects.

Dont use it.

Make a midi track of quarter notes and run it through a vsti.

Even the free SFZ soundfont vsti player with a free drumset soundfont from hammersound.net is good.

Make it part of your track templates and call it up everytime you start a new project.

(and for all audio projects I prefer to render out a click track to an audio file you can mute on the final mixdown so that I'm tracking all my audio files to an audio file.... it's easier on your computer....)

In your metronome setup screen, make sure their is an output designated for your metronome whether it is the audio click, or the midi output. Personally, I hate the audio click. When I use the Cubase metronome, I assign it midi to the LM7 vsti that comes with Cubase. I assign the metronome to the clave sound that comes with Cubase in the LM7 under the percussion bank.

I see no reason to have to make a seperate MIDI file or audio file. Using the built in metronome seems like the best option to me because it maintains full functionality and versatility to change tempos, tempo map etc... with ease. I have assigned my click track in the shortcuts to use "C" as a shortcut command to turn it off and on. If you are worried about the CPU resources that the click track and LM7 use up then in my opinion you have huge resource problems already since this is about as minimal a power hungry VSTi you are likely to find in this day and age.

Back