Cubase SX, very annoying problem.

chamelious

www.thesunexplodes.com
For some reason, ive got a drum track down (just a WAV from fruity loops) as i have done before in cubase and am trying to record a track of guitar over the top, But when i play it back, the guitar isnt in sync with the drums, its slightly ahead. If i try recording from the START of the song on the guitar channel, it leaves a little red mark and stops recording. Any ideaS???

Try turning off your system and rebooting, Check your latency on your card and make sure the drum loop has been recorded at the same sample rate as you are recording your guitar at. :) happy recording

Move your left locator all the way to the left. Move your right locator all the way to the right. The same thing has happened to me and that fixed it.

Update on that...what I actually had to do was move the left locator a tad to the right. While I was working with it, my keyboard guy accidentally moved the locator and it show a little red thing at the top of the track. I had to move past the red to get it to work.

I don't have the foggiest idea what the red was.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help guys it turned out for some reason the settings had got changed to 24 bit. Back to 16 and its fine.

Back