Cubase SE

rozsand

Hmm... I can't for the life of me find out what's actually in the Cubase SE package. Looks like you lose the unlimited undo (only 1 undo = ouch), and the interface is a bit different, but what else is there?

Does anyone know what VST effects/plugins SE comes with? Are they "trial" versions or something like that? I know there has to be a big difference between it and SX to justify the cost jump. I'd just like to know what I'm getting before I upgrade from n-Track.

No, you get a full undo history. The big difference is that it does not have the latest "audio engine" that SE and SX have. You'd have to be going some to tell the difference IMHO.

You get 8 inserts and 5 sends per channel. The VST effects are not great but who cares when there is such good stuff elsewhere. For example Reverb B is horrible but you can get SIR for free. I upgraded from n-Track and I have to say I am very happy indeed with SE. There is this chart on Steinberg's site that tells you exactly what the differences are.

Another happy SE user here.

I don't want for anything in the fuller featured versions. And of course the beauty of Cubase is that the price of your current version is deducted if you choose to upgrade so you don't pay extra.

Back