Cubase Pitch Shift Playback Problem

Confusitron

I am currently recording on a PreSonus Firepod through an Apple G4 iBook and I am experiencing some playback problems in Cubase LE. For some odd reason, I opened the program one day to listen to a project and something had happened to the project. Every track had some kind of pitch shift applied, which no one had applied before (that I know of). All the tracks were still in tempo, but the pitches were different. I originally thought it was only a problem within that project, but I opened another and it was also shifted in pitch. Is there a playback pitch shift feature that I need to turn off? Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Confusitron said:
I am currently recording on a PreSonus Firepod through an Apple G4 iBook and I am experiencing some playback problems in Cubase LE. For some odd reason, I opened the program one day to listen to a project and something had happened to the project. Every track had some kind of pitch shift applied, which no one had applied before (that I know of). All the tracks were still in tempo, but the pitches were different. I originally thought it was only a problem within that project, but I opened another and it was also shifted in pitch. Is there a playback pitch shift feature that I need to turn off? Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks.

Not sure what your problem is, but you might want to check your sample and bitrates to make sure it is playing back at the same rates you recorded it.

scrubs said:
Not sure what your problem is, but you might want to check your sample and bitrates to make sure it is playing back at the same rates you recorded it.
Well from what I can see, none of the sample rates have changed. If they did, the music would have been speeded up, so, some kind of pitch shift has occurred. If there is nothing we can do, then I guess we'll just be re-recording the parts.

Last edited:
It defiantely sounds like a sample rate issue. The real concern should be in finding out why and not just re-recording. How do you know it won't do it again? If it is just an improper change between 44 and 48k, the tempo change may not be that noticable, but the pitch change may be a little easier to spot.

xstatic said:
It defiantely sounds like a sample rate issue. The real concern should be in finding out why and not just re-recording. How do you know it won't do it again? If it is just an improper change between 44 and 48k, the tempo change may not be that noticable, but the pitch change may be a little easier to spot.
It does appear that the sample rate is the problem. Cubase is playing back the 48 Khz recordings at 44.1 Khz. I can't seem to change this setting. It is listed under Project Setup. How can I solve this?

Is it actually Cubase doing that? Or is it something in your soundcard driver that isn't letting Cubase control the playback rate? What soundcard are you using?

xstatic said:
Is it actually Cubase doing that? Or is it something in your soundcard driver that isn't letting Cubase control the playback rate? What soundcard are you using?
I'm using a an Apple G4 iBook.

Back