Cubase n00b, couple of questions

austin4130

I just got a firebox with cubase le, and I have some questions. I looked around the board for the answers but couldn't seem to find any.

1. how can i monitor my recordings through my computer speakers?

and

2. say i record a bass line, and want to use it in Reason, how would i go about doing that?

Your computer speakers must be connected to the outputs of the firebox. If your computer speaker's connectors are of the standard type you'll need an adapter...1/8 inch stereo to 1/4 inch stereo and plug into the headphone output.

As for bass line-to-reason, my experience with reason is limited but I'm guessing using one of reason's many samplers should work.

Also, Cubase manuals are usually very helpful. I suggest you read a few chapters before trying to do too much. It'll save you a lot of questions.

alright, i got that working.

now, another question.
say i have a track recorded already(not in cubase), and want to add vocals to it, how do i go about that?

I figured it out. I'll share, just in case anyone comes across this thread!

Start in cubase, go to 'devices' then reason. A menu pops up, and there should be a bunch of bars in the middle(for each channel), and it should say something like activated at the top. Click all the bars you want activated.

Then in reason, press tab so you're looking at the back of the rack. Then you run the cables from whatever device it is to the midi in thing at the top, to whichever channel you want. Then in cubase if you look at the mixer, all those channels will be there.

It was a little confusing at first but its really simple.

And I guess for the basslines I'll just record them in cubase over the stuff I bring in from reason.

Back