Cubase losing track settings / mixer settings / inserts etc

mikefenna

I'm using Cubase 5.1.0.

After I spend ages setting up tracks as I like, with chains of inserts, mixer settings with the tracks panned appropriately etc, then I save the project and close it down. When I reopen the project, almost all of these settings seem to have disappeared so I have to rebuild them from scratch again. Sometimes one of the tracks keeps its settings however.

I'm sure I am missing something obvious - or is this a common issue? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Mike

Not sure I have heard of that issue, but your first step should be to update to the final C5 version HERE. Make sure to follow the instruction to install 5.5.0 before the final 5.5.3.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply jimmys69. I've just managed to get my set up nice and stable and working how I like, so ideally I'd like to avoid an upgrade, so if you or anyone else has any other ideas I'd really appreciate it. Thanks, Mike

Evidently not completely stable it seems. Those settings should always be saved with your project. Sure you are opening the right file? Hope you have a legit copy.

You can save your 'Preferences' before doing the upgrades, so that your settings are all the same. Not even sure they would be changed, tho wouldn't give a guaranty on that. 5.1 was obviously flawed. That is why Steinberg put out the updates. As far as everything I have heard from Steiny forum, 5.5.3 is the most stable. Your call tho man....

Oh, and I had a typo in my previous reply. Final version is 5.5.3. Editing now. :)

Back