Cubase LE 4 and Lexicon Alpha

cameron21381

I am having some problems trying to record a Yamaha YPG-535 Keyboard with the Cubase LE 4 and Lexicon Alpha setup. I have the keyboard plugged into the line-in 1 on the back of the lexicon unit. I believe I have the Cubase setup correctly with the device.

The problem I am having is that the recorded volume is extremely low and in order to even hear anything I have to amplify it with another program such as audacity. I have the gain knob turned up as high as it will go.

What exactly am I doing wrong if anything? Is there a way to record with higher volume as well as without static pops?

Please help.

I also have trouble recording using the Lexicon Alpha and Cubase LE 4, except I want to record electric guitar and not keyboard.

1. What components do I need besides the avobe mentioned to record?

2. What settings should I use?

I have successfully recorded vocals using a simple mic, but when I connect the guitar to the Alpha soundcard there is no sound response, and it seems Cubase won't recognize the guitar. Do I have to connect and amp or mic as well to make it work?

Hi Cameron 1318...slightly off tiopic but how did you get your LE4 to work as I am having tons of trouble getting past the elicense / activation bit,just to fire up LE4...driving me mad!

Back