CUBASE ELEMENTS 9 help

Paul D B

Hi Guys ,
Here`s the story Ive been recording with Samplitude (copy)for well over ten yeras now mainly just to record my owm analogue music , I hav`nt delved deep into what it really can as Ive been happy with my results thus far (demos) I´m thinking of buying the Cubase Element 9 software , I´m using a laptop so do I need an audio converter? (M Audio) so that I can send live and rcorded music via a mix desk then on to an audio amplifier _speakers , I do have an headphone amplifier , I´m really in the dark on this one could anyone give me some start up tips/list on what I´ll need so that I can ....wait for it.... Record analogue music also using my EZ drummer 2 software (midi) and live microphone vocals I know its a big ask , I´m old but no too old to rock and roll any help would be welcomed
Regards
Paul bush

Yes, you need an audio interface. If you get a Steinberg UR series interface it will come with Cubase AI 9 free. Good enough to get your feet wet.

Paul Bush. Did you get a steinberg interface ? I too am trying to record on my computer some midi instruments as well as Guitar. I cant seem to plug my guitar directly into the Steinberg UR22mkii because it doesnt recognize it. I'm NOT "clicking" the right device option and I've tried them all. Are you having any success ? Im assuming that ALL signals (midi and Audio)are going through the ONLY USB / "printer type" cord provided with the Steinberg.

I need help in knowing how to set up devices NOT in the drop down menu of the device option feature.

Joe C

Paul Bush. Did you get a steinberg interface ? I too am trying to record on my computer some midi instruments as well as Guitar. I cant seem to plug my guitar directly into the Steinberg UR22mkii because it doesnt recognize it. I'm NOT "clicking" the right device option and I've tried them all. Are you having any success ? Im assuming that ALL signals (midi and Audio)are going through the ONLY USB / "printer type" cord provided with the Steinberg.

I need help in knowing how to set up devices NOT in the drop down menu of the device option feature.

Joe C

well that is because it doesn't have a guitar input. Only 1/4" trs line in and xlr mic. I recommend getting a DI box. Radial DI is waht I use. Countryman makes a good DI too.

Hi Guys ,
Here`s the story Ive been recording with Samplitude (copy)for well over ten yeras now mainly just to record my owm analogue music , I hav`nt delved deep into what it really can as Ive been happy with my results thus far (demos) I´m thinking of buying the Cubase Element 9 software , I´m using a laptop so do I need an audio converter? (M Audio) so that I can send live and rcorded music via a mix desk then on to an audio amplifier _speakers , I do have an headphone amplifier , I´m really in the dark on this one could anyone give me some start up tips/list on what I´ll need so that I can ....wait for it.... Record analogue music also using my EZ drummer 2 software (midi) and live microphone vocals I know its a big ask , I´m old but no too old to rock and roll any help would be welcomed
Regards
Paul bush

I would go with jimmy's recommendation as far as the usb interface. Yamaha bought Steinburg a few years back and came out with those interfaces under the Steinburg name. Personally, they should have market their interfaces under the Yamaha brand, because Steinburg is not as a popular brand, and the Yamaha name is well known and respected in both live and studio worlds.

But I would recommend Reaper over Cuebase because its more efficient, and it has a drum sequencer in it too. For $60, you can't go wrong.

Back