Cubase "Cracj"; what's with this?

whymark

Hi all, I'm wanting to upgrade from elements 7 to 7.5 and have spent way too much time on steinberg's web site trying to find out how to do it, with no luck at all. I then went to the internet and started surfing and I come across all of these "Cubase Crack" sites for 7.0/7.5. If I'm understanding this correctly, these are full versions of Cubase that don't need an e-license or activation code.because the codes have been cracked so the program runs without them. What gives??? These sites look like a haven for all sorts of computer problems and I want nothing to do with any of that. I still need to know howto upgrade from elements 7 to 7.5 and what the cost is.. Many thanks in advance
mark

It's good you're not promoting the use of cracked or stolen software.

Because Cubase 8 is now out, I don't think you can upgrade to 7.5, you have to upgrade to 8. It's easy enough to do on their site.

Actually, Cubase is now at 8.5, although Elements is still at 8. I don't remember exactly when 8.5 came out-- toward the end of 2015-- and I've read that Elements is usually updated about 6 months after that. So if you upgrade to Elements 8 right now there's a pretty good chance that you'll qualify for the "grace period" to get Elements 8.5 for free when it's released any day, week, or month now. :)

EDIT
Info about the "grace period" -- Cubase 8.5 Grace Period Info
Price to upgrade from Elements 6 or 7 to Elements 8 -- $24.99

Last edited:
Back