cubase "AUDIO ENGINE RECORD ERROR"?

sense

Hi, just got cubase SX and often when I playback even one track it will skip like a cd which makes dubs impossible. Also if I have recorded multiple tracks cubase will send the alarm that there has been an "audio engine record error ASIO went out of Sync" and stop the record or playback.

details

misconfigured in what way? my computer is a pentium 4 windows xp with 2 gigs so its not a lack of power. details please, I'm new.

What sound card/interface do you have? You may have a great, fast system, but what are you using in it? You can have a kickin' system, but if you're using a SoundBlaster card, you ain't gonna get performace (not saying you are, but don't know what you're using).

SB live wave device

yeah thats it SB live wave device and it was $20 my dad bought to see if a different sound card would take away a terrible static noise. That worked but it may leave me short in performance. What is the ASIO out of sync thing?

I wasn't aware that a SB Live card could do ASIO. I know it can with some special drivers (or so I thought I read about here):

http://www.asio4all.com/

You're simply not going to get great performance from a SB live card (although some have got it working OK). ASIO being out of sync means that the Cubase audio engine can't keep disk operations and audio operations in sync with each other. This obviously need to happen when recording audio. What drivers are you using with the SB live? I'm guessing it is surely a driver problem.

Last edited:
patience

yeah its a "try before buy" type situation but my friend has it working great. I found a list of about 200 drivers. I beleive Logitech force feedback driver is active here, there is also Andrea Audio stub driver, SCSI port driver,
M audio Midisport.. ASIO Direct Full Duplex Driver might be the one. I am tempted to get a better sound card and see if the error goes away.

Plan on being chastised for using a “try before you buy”

That said, are you running other programs while recording?

to understand better

try reading the 'dongle crack' thread down the page. start to finish. I did, and it's worth the time.

really. all 19 pages or whatever. gives some perspective.

-The Burden-

aptly titled you are

Thank you slobbermonster for your reminder that people will always lust to quick and forceful judgements. Its called TRY BEFORE YOU BUY! Do you think I would release a record using this hokey pirated software? If I liked Cubase I would buy it after I sell my time to make the fortune it costs! Give the new a break with your self righteousness.

Sense,

You've pretty much blown your chances for any decent help here. Can't really come into here with cracked software that isn't working 100% and ask for help. Cracked software will not function at 100% - there is a reason for this. You could jump into Cubase SE for about $100. Still a nice featured program for the $$ although not as robust as SX.

I wouldn't bother with the Steinberg forums either - aside from the over abundance of anger there over several issues, crack software users are pretty much blasted to hell.

P.S. If the Cubase SX splash screen (the box that shows when the program is loading and has the Cubase logo) says "Try Before You Buy", it is cracked. Steinberg didn't release a try before you buy version - only a demo of SX 1. Does the splash screen also say "H2O" ?

i get it

yeah it does say H2O. I dont care that Steinberg didn't release it either. My intention was to try it, then buy it or something else. Why is everyone shitting bricks about this deal?

Cracked software is known to not function 100% compared to legal versions. Basically, it would be a waste of anyone's time here trying to help troubleshoot your configuration/problems when you're using cracked software. I can't explain it any simpler than that. Principle, morals, blah, blah aside, technically your not using a program that consists of 100% Steinberg code - crackers change the code to get it to function. If I remember correctly, the crack for Cubase emulates the dongle - which is the hardware device that allows the use of Cubase (plugs into USB port).

As I've read many times in the past, people using the crack of Cubase usually experienced pops, clicks, glitches, ASIO problems, etc. Same thing happens when people used cracked VST plugins. They wonder why things aren't working right or why Cubase crashes all the time when using those plugins. I know you're not using plugins as such, just wanted to point out that you won't be getting the performance you would if everything was legit.

If you're going to get cocky, I've wasted enough time trying to help you already.

Why is everyone shitting bricks about this deal?

because you are a weasel. I understand the shortage of funds but stealing from the people who help me make a living is uncool. I need that software company to continue in business and continue with R&D so I can feed my family with services I offer based on their software.

You might want to know that when you used cracked versions of software that sometimes it can make some pretty bad changes to your system registry and screw up your whole computer.

Go to ProTools website and download ProTools Free version.
Go to www.mackie.com and try the Tracktion Demo then for $80, that's right $80 you can BUY IT.

NOW I've given you legit options for cheap or free so you don't have to be a weasely little thief anymore.

Hi,

Sounds like a latency issue to me or at least more to do with the soundcard. Your friends copy works fine? If you have similar PC's then it should be the same result. What soundcard does he have and if it is the same/similar, has he configured anything differently? IF not does your soundcard have a control panel? And if you look at the settings are there any controls for a "latency Buffer"?

All I know about SB sound cards is I wouldn't let my nan use one and she's dead. You can pick m-audio cards for under £100. Get a card that's designed for Audio Recording.

The other thing was, have you and your friend got a copy of the same copy if you know what i mean. If not try using a copy of/His Disk.

Cheers
J Mac

Back