Cubase AI 8.5 & Melodyne volume weirdness & Analog Lab 2: no LFO after export

aaron aardvark

I have Mac OSX 10.9 and Cubase 8.5 AI (latest version). I recorded some lead electric guitar and improved the timing of my playing on a few notes and shifted a few notes (pitch wise) using the latest version (I think) Melodyne 4 assistant as a plug-in. It sounds fine on play back, but when I exported the entire song, the volume of that lead guitar fluctuates roughly 1 db in a random fashion (not always the same way).

Another problem: same song with Arturia Analog Lab 2 (in a multi mode with 2 synths on one track): it sounds fine on play back, but when I export the song, there is no LFO (low frequency oscillator vibrato) on that synth. Anyone have the same issues or have any solutions?

Last edited:
Do you mean Cubase Artist 8.5? I wasn't aware there was a Cubase 8.5 AI.

In Cubase Edit menu, do you see 'Render in Place'? If so select it (with all 'events' that have Melodyne or whatever synth highlighted) and then Render Settings...Select the second item down 'Channel Settings'. I would suggest doing the events in one track at a time. This will basically export the track with the inserts included to a new audio track and mute the original. Thus leaving Melodyne not actually being used during audio export. Then see what happens. And make sure you have your interface buffer at the highest possible while exporting. Devices>Device Setup...>Control Panel... If you have an ASIO interface that is. I am hoping you do...

Good luck! :)

Jimmys69,
Here is what happened after I spent some time with it: with my version of Cubase, I could not find "Render in Place". I did "freeze" various tracks, which I think does the same thing. That solved my problem with odd volume fluctuations with Melodyne 4 assistant when exporting, but did not fix my issue with no LFO on Arturia Analog 2. But now that I think about it, I did not have my interface (Steinberg UR22 mkII) buffer at the highest possible while exporting. I might have to try that. Thank you!

You can only render in place with the pro version of cubase if I recall correctly.

Freeze is your best option. Plus it's non destructive (you can turn off freeze and mess with the plugin again if needed).

Back