Cubase 8 Pro - Submixes and other ?'s

rauchman1

Greetings,

I've been running Cubase 8 Pro now for about a year and a half or so. Written and recorded 3 songs, with another 5 or so song idea scratch mixes, and each song I learn more. Still haven't grasped how to setup a submix. Any help?

Fortunately, the interface purchased is the Steinberg UR44, that has reverb processing built into the unit. I know I'm being very inefficient in how I'm using effects and what not. Each separate track has multiple effects, some of which are being used on multiple tracks at the same settings.

Also, the UR44 has 2 headphone jacks. Only one has audio going both left and right, while the other only has audio for the right side. Haven't figured that one out either.

Howdy.

There are ton of videos on Youtube about these things. But here are some quick ideas to get you started.

To use the same effect like a reverb or compression or whatever on multiple tracks, create an FX Channel. From the top menu: Project>Add Track>FX Channel. Setup as stereo and Add Track.

Then from the channel setting window (the one that comes up when you click on the 'e' icon), send to that effect from the 'Sends' on the right side.

If you have multiple tracks that need the same effects on them, you can also create a Group Channel and send your tracks to that via the outputs in the Inspector Window. This is the pane on the left of your main screen.

Where you send to a Group Channel is the icon that looks kind of like this: [> If you don't see that then click on the track name near top of the Inspector Window. Then you can send all the tracks routed to that group to an FX channel(s) at once.

Not sure about the headphone deal. :(

Back