Cubase 8..0.20 update now out.

I posted this on stienberg's website.

After upgrading, I got errors opening existing projects including it telling me the current project was created with a newer version than 8.0.20. (got love that one).

then it hangs for about 30 minutes, then opens to give me other errors, too numerous to name here, but I'll come up with a short list soon.

Or, to save time, it just blue screens during start up. :lol:

This is on Windows 7 64 bit Pro.

I ended up uninstalling (never done that before since 5.0) and rebooting, cleaning, and reinstalling.

(please don't tell me I need to upgrade to Win 8.1. because it sucks so bad, MS is giving me a free copy of Win-10 due to that embarrassment. )

I'm glad its summer because I have other things going on and am not dependent on cubase working, but I'm sure many are.

Sounds like you had some fucked up stuff in your Windows registry man.

I got nothing but smooth sailing in my new W7 64 Pro build.

Is it working now?

no....:confused:

I uninstalled cubase and reinstalled but no success.

I believe I'll wait until they have a fix, sometime in the fall I hope. I have enough on my plate to keep me busy into August. :)

no....:confused:

I uninstalled cubase and reinstalled but no success.

I believe I'll wait until they have a fix, sometime in the fall I hope. I have enough on my plate to keep me busy into August. :)

Naw, I meant doing a registry clean or Windows reinstall.

CC Cleaner after you delete the Cubase install. Then reinstall it.

Also, not sure if you following in Steiny forum but BIOS flash has been helping some with crazy issues. It sure did for me and this is a new build.

Not sure what your setup is or what all you are running as you do not have that in your sig.

Back