Cubase 7.5, Windows 7Pro, audio drop outs.

machinetodd

I am pulling my hair out on this one. I finally upgraded my Cubase Studio 4 Windows XP rig to A New DELL Windows 7 Pro powerhouse with 16GB Ram with Cubase 7.5 Artist, and whenever I run EZ Drummer 1 as a VSTi, I get a lot of audio drop outs and I get a spike on the VST performance meter to about 50 percent. I have a Yamaha N12 Fire wire interface with the latest Steinberg driver and no matter where I put the buffer(currently at 512) the issue still occurs. I am using the legacy driver as well. I was leaning on replacing the firewire card but why would that be the cause if it seems to only happen with EZ Drummer. I have followed half a dozen "optimize your Windows 7 machine for Cubase" tutorials and still the issue occurs. Do you think upgrading to EZ Drummer 2 or even Superior drummer would help? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Todd.

For those that care, my issue was solved by uninstalling Cubase 7.5 as a 64bit program and re-installing it and EZ drummer as 32 bit programs. No skipping or popping at all.

Back