Cubase 6 Elements - Setting up buses, inputs, outputs, etc.

Bill in Corinth

Hello out there:

Just started setting up Cubase Elements 6 and having all kinds of problems. I feel really dumb and frustrated at this point. Here's what I'm encountering:

I'm looking to record a single voice over track, no music or anything else.

Looking to record in mono. My VST Connections Panel for Inputs shows Mono In > Mono > Front Left; Mono In 2 > mono. Assume I need to playback in Stereo, so I have Outputs setup to show Stereo Out, sub headings left & right, with Device Port showing Front Left & Front Right.

On Device Setup window > VST Audio System > ASIO driver = Lexicon Mac USB (computer is iMac Pro) I show Input Latency = 8.322ms, Output Latency = 7.302ms. I'm getting an echo and also don't hear any output from my headphones or aux speakers.

Really experiencing frustration with this. Can anyone out there offer some help?

What lexicon unit do you have? You want to monitor direct out of that, not through cubase. It should be your monitor mix knob, but you also want to make sure the speaker button that is on the track controls inside cubase isn't on.

If you are still getting the ecco/ doubled effect, something else is going on.

Cubase Elements 6 - Setting up buses, inputs, outputs, etc.

Hello Guitargodgt,

Thx for responding. I feel like I'm out at sea in boat with no oars....

Interface is Lexicon Omega; setup is: "Red lights" for bus 1-2 for Mic 1, Line 1, Line 3 (not in use, bit lit), blue indicator for "USB", red indicator for "+48V", opposite USB. re: SPDIF assign at bottom is set for bus 1-2, "lock" is unlit.

Don't know how much this may help you to diagnose this or not. Again, thx for whatever assist you can offer.

B in C

Man I need to visit this forum more. I used to use that exact interface with cubase LE v.1

I'll try to get you an answer shortly.

Back