Cubase 5 - Exported Selected Spliced Audio Question

danielpettitt

Hello,

I know this is old software, but if anyone can help me I'd appreciate it.

I'm digitizing old Tascam recordings using Cubase 5 (as I know how to use it) but I don't know how to do the following:

I've got two tracks, both with about 40 minutes of audio in one track (a side of a mono cassette tape) and I want to splice up the songs then export (as selected tracks not a batch export) into a folder onto my computer.

If anyone knows how to do this I'd appreciate any help - I've previously exported the tracks into Audacity then manually cut them up one by one but realized I could probably do it in Cubase and save me a lot of time.

I've captured the screen and attached the file on here so you can see how far I've got - I've highlighted both tracks, spliced up the audio where I want it and also used the green marker on the ruler on the top.

When I've digitized a cassette into Cubase and stopped and started the tape, creating different audio tracks, when I've finished I could simply select everything then export it all as separate tracks onto a folder on my computer, when manually splicing up the audio and trying the same thing, I couldn't do it?

Thanks for reading,

Dan

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 5
Ok, first create a folder in Windows. Open Cubase. You have two tracks so mute one of them. Select an event (song) by left clicking. Only one at a time. The event will be highlighted. Now hit 'P' on the keyboard. This will set your locators for that song. Then File>Export>Audio Mixdown... Choose the type of file you wish to save as (File Format), name the song, and direct the (Path) to the folder you created.

Let me know if you have any issues. You may want to 'Normalize' these before you export. Audio>Process>Normalize. Do each 'Event' separately. That will set the highest peak at 0dB. Some like to set that at a little lower for MP3 exports. Like -0.20 dB. Less artifacts that way.

Now I also noticed you have 'Musical Mode' selected on one of the tracks and not the other. Hopefully you haven't messed with the time sig on these...

Good luck Dan! :)

Back