Cubase 5 doesn`t recognize midisignal

trubbe4444

Hi folks! I´m quite a new guy concerning Cubase. I´ve got a Kawai K4 at home and I decided to try to connect it to Cubase 5. I´ve connected midi in/out to my soundcard EM-U 1820..the signal is transmitting from Kawai to the soundcard...the soundcard indicates the signal its´s OK...but there´s no sound in Cubase 5....nothing indicates that the midisignal reach Cubase..if you click a tangent on Kawai it should appear in Cubase but it does not! Hope someone could help me with this...I´m getting ab bit desperate!!
My system: Win7 64....EM-U soundcard 1820..Cubase 5...Kawai K4

You have to select the keyboard as a Midi Input for the track you want to record. Then you have to assign a softsynth, VSTi or Midi Output to a sound module to hear anything.

Read the manual to show you where to make these selections.

Clicks through midi in Cubase 5

I have been a user of Cubase 5 for some time, but have connected MIDI quite recently. As you wrote, my soundcard (RME Fireface UC) detected the midi signals from the keyboard, but Cubase didn't show any signs of action even though I made all connections and setups correctly. I then downloaded new drivers for the soundcard and it worked BUT: I have problems with a periodical clicking while pressing down the keys, using a VST instrument. It is also heard later playing the recording. I've tried another keyboard and increased the buffer size with the same shitty result. The VST performance looks cool too. Does anybody know what might be the problem?

Are you really sure you have actually installed the MIDI driver? My M-Audio interface always needs the driver installing twice. No idea why!

Once it has installed properly, you should be able to see it in the cubase device menu, I assume at the moment there is not MIDI driver sitting there? If it installs properly, Cubase wants to know what kind it is, GM, make specific etc. If none of this you've seen, then you've not installed it properly. If the windows driver installed ok little box appears that does NOT mean Cubase is ready to go, it wants to know more info in the devices section under MIDI.

Back