Cubase 5 crash - help

danielpettitt

Hi there everyone,

Thanks for reading.

If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it.

Basically I've got Cubase 5 which did work fine, however, as my computer is old and was running slow I restored it to factory settings to get more life out of it (Vista 32 Windows 7).

After restoring the computer, Cubase 5 wouldn't start up, when it was initializing midi and track presets windows closed the start up and this error was given:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Cubase5.exe
Application Version: 5.1.1.120
Application Timestamp: 4b0abdcb
Fault Module Name: Cubase5.exe
Fault Module Version: 5.1.1.120
Fault Module Timestamp: 4b0abdcb
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00a8f930
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Read our privacy statement:
Privacy Statement for the Microsoft Error Reporting Service

After googling the issue, I saw there were other Cubase users who have had the same problem, however I've looked at the knowledge base on Steinberg support and followed the main advice for initializing preferences and vst plug in problems, however, re-naming folders did nothing, the problem persisted.

I rang Steinberg support however they would only refer me back to the knowledge base.

I'd be more than happy to pay for someone to have a look on teamviewer if someone was kind enough to help.

Any suggestions would be appreciated,

Dan

Have you tried a reinstall of your programs? When restoring back you probably removed settings that the program needs to run. The program doesn't error check for this since it is the one that put them there during install. On remove programs/uninstall, check to see if there is a repair function.

Back