Cubase 5 and Behringer USB interface no input

Roland_Esmerald

New guy on the block... Installed CUBASE 5, I have a Behringer USB interface type Guitar Link. I used the USB interface for my guitar with Mixcraft 6 and Guitar Rig and it works fine. So I therefore eliminated problem with the USB interface device. However, I cannot get any signal from this device on Cubase. I have loaded the ASIO4ALL driver, since most problems are driver related, and I always get a status "Not connected" for the device. I run on Windows 7 with 64 bits and I only try to get the input working directly from the USB interface to Cubase, straight forward but not working. I followed the instructions from the Cubase PDF, did all the Device Setup and VST Connection possible combinations and still have no input, no output. The computer microphone is working when selected, therefore this is only a problem with the USB audio signal not being recognized by Cubase. Now over 3 days working on this! If anyone has some advice to give me... very appreciated!

Advices:
1. Try plugging the Behringer USB Interface before you start Cubase 5 (dumb advice :p)
Questions:
1. Can you be more specific on what Behringer USB interface do you have?
2. Where do you get the status "Not connected", in the ASIO4ALL control panel?
3. Does the interface worked with another driver? What driver did you use on Mixcraft 6 and Guitar Rig?

Sometime asking questions helps solving the problem :p

Yep, you need to be clear as to what interface you are using. Unless you have a complete crap interface, and the ASIO drivers that come with it are complete crap, you should have no reason to ever try to use ASIO4All. Cubase will hate you, and you will hate yourself for purchasing such crap, and having to use ASIO4All. Just saying...

ASIO4All is a wrapper for faking true ASIO drivers. It is a workaround for crappy gear, that is more based upon 10 year old technology. I have not heard of any worthy interface recently, that needed such a program.

Please elaborate on your gear and setup. There is a better way. :)

Crappy USB interface

I spent several more hours tryning all kinds of drivers with the Guitar Link USB interface and am now convinced this is a piece of crap, but, hey, I just paid 35 bucks for the damn thing trying to get geared for cheap. Not a good idea. I dicovered that my Guitar Link was sometimes working, sometime not with the Guitar Rig 2 software that came with it. I reinstalled the whole thing from scratch and couldn't get it to work properly. So if it does not work properly with the Guitar Rig 2, chances are it will not work with Cubase 5. So I guess I 'll have to bite the bullet and by a decent USB interface, such as a Tascam 144 to make sense and it comes with a legit version of Cubase LE4, which eliminates the possibility that the cracked version is faulty. So I am on my way to the music store. Lesson learned: Trying to go cheap sometimes ends-up costing more.

Hopefully, you find an interface with LE5 included. LE4 has a ton of issues. If you do get it, come back, and we can at least get you setup with some updates for it.

I have a cracked version of Cubase 5 and will have then the choice to use it or use the one that comes with the interface. Thank you for offring me some help.

Advices:
1. Try plugging the Behringer USB Interface before you start Cubase 5 (dumb advice :p)
Questions:
1. Can you be more specific on what Behringer USB interface do you have?
2. Where do you get the status "Not connected", in the ASIO4ALL control panel?
3. Does the interface worked with another driver? What driver did you use on Mixcraft 6 and Guitar Rig?

Sometime asking questions helps solving the problem :p

1 - Guitar Link
2 - In the VST Connection and Device Status for INPUT, ouput was showing Behringer USB but didn't play.
3 - Yes it did.. for some time with the Behringer USB driver.

Se my previous post, I will try to get a decent interface and see what's going on. Thanks anyway for replying!

I have a cracked version of Cubase 5 and will have then the choice to use it or use the one that comes with the interface. Thank you for offring me some help.

Just for future reference, the use of illegal software is not taken very well around here. Especially by me. I am only hoping that you will find that purchasing gear, will lead you in the right direction.

Most people do not come out in public, and say "hey, I have just stolen some stuff, wanna look up my IP address, find out where I live, and arrest me?".

Just sayin...

hi Roland,
searching for the same prbm than you , and having the exactly same configuration (;-))),
and so furious with kind of response telling you that basically you cant do it, that i connected only to tell you i just made it, so it is possible.
didnt check his other 11905 posts...

first of all asio4all, V2.11 Beta2, and berhinger UC6102 and for cubase ...probably the same configuration than you have (;-)))

!-first of all in the asio window,
on the left i have WDM device list, where i have IDT High def audio coded, and Behringer USB WDM AUDIO 2.8.40, i selected that second one.

2-in cubase,
go to Devices, VST Instruments, and in Input select the Behringer, same in outputs

record a audio track, with default setting of stereo
(i didnt get the sound back, but probalby not difficult to solve)

basically it worked for me when i play back the track

i'm happy !
impossible pas francais ;-)

hi Roland,
searching for the same prbm than you , and having the exactly same configuration (;-))),
and so furious with kind of response telling you that basically you cant do it, that i connected only to tell you i just made it, so it is possible.
didnt check his other 11905 posts...

first of all asio4all, V2.11 Beta2, and berhinger UC6102 and for cubase ...probably the same configuration than you have (;-)))

!-first of all in the asio window,
on the left i have WDM device list, where i have IDT High def audio coded, and Behringer USB WDM AUDIO 2.8.40, i selected that second one.

2-in cubase,
go to Devices, VST Instruments, and in Input select the Behringer, same in outputs

record a audio track, with default setting of stereo
(i didnt get the sound back, but probalby not difficult to solve)

basically it worked for me when i play back the track

i'm happy !
impossible pas francais ;-)

You are a class act....Look forward to hearing more from you Sir! :)

Back