Cubase 5 adding phantom midi notes. Lots of them

funky_monk

I'm using a keyrig49 with UX2 to sequence drum beats in cubase 5.

However, cubase seems to constantly add in LOTS of additional midi notes that I simply didn't play :confused: Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Untitled 1.jpg

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks

Please don't post the same question across multiple forums. I will delete the duplicate. Also, no need to bump. If someone has the answer, they will respond. It's only been a few hours since you first asked. Give it time.

I'm not familiar enough with midi to offer any real suggestions. Maybe check to see if you have multiple channels selected, look at what else your keyboard might be sending; like sysex stuff. Again, I don't know enough about it. The one thing I can be fairly sure about is it is probably not Cubase causing the issue.

good luck

I saw the post earlier, but couldn't think of a reason, so I was no help.

The only time I've experienced unwanted notes was when I was doing some midi recording and discovered I was picking up the same thing via USB and midi cable . . . every note was coubled.

Most likely cause I think is false triggering on the keyboard

Agreed, M-Audio controllers do that alot, go to the M-Audio website and find out how to re-set the keyrig, if that doesnt work, it is defective. I had one go bad in less than 30 days., exchanged it and have no more problems.

Back