Cubase 5.1 and Mbox 2 problems

philbagg

Just Killing Time
Ok, so I got a lend of Cubase 5.1, and I'm trying to learn to use it. I put it on my PC (Windows XP SP3), and it worked fine with my MBox 2, after it took me a little while to (learn how to) set it up. Now, I put it on my mac (Late 2006 generation Intel iMac, running Windows XP via Boot Camp). I have Pro Tools 7.4 installed on the mac, and when I run PT it receives the audio and plays it back.

So I ran Cubase, and at first the Mbox blew. Red peak lights staying lit, fuzzy noise coming from headphones and monitors, no audio etc. So I looked it up. One guy said (on a different site) that the problem was the MBox didn't like the buffer being set to 512 samples. So I raised it. Still nothing. Did a restart, started cubase, the Mbox didn't blow. We're getting somewhere.

Now, I set up Cubase to use the MBox 2 as I did the last time. Device setup, asio digidesign drivers etc. etc. Then to VST connections, made sure the outputs were connected.

Loaded a stereo audio track into Cubase, not muted, fader up etc. Not only am I getting no audio, but the meters are blank. I tried switching over to HAlionOne, loading a few presets, and going into the MIDI key editor window (if that's what it's called) and clicking some keys to see if I got anything from that channel. Nothing at all. I believe the MBox family can be troublesome with Cubase 5.

So, anybody got any ideas?

Cheers.

Glad you got it sorted out, but why not just run it on the Mac w/o winblowze?

I prefer windows for audio stuffs. Something about the mac mouse tracking (I'm not even using one of those shitty mac mice. I'm using a microsoft mouse). But it seems like it's either too slow or too fast, and it just seems to slow me down. I dunno, kinda stupid I guess, but I like to feel comfortable to get creative ya know? :)

How *did* you get your Mbox 2 to work with Cubase 5?

Ok, so I got a lend of Cubase 5.1, and I'm trying to learn to use it. I put it on my PC (Windows XP SP3), and it worked fine with my MBox 2, after it took me a little while to (learn how to) set it up. Now, I put it on my mac (Late 2006 generation Intel iMac, running Windows XP via Boot Camp). I have Pro Tools 7.4 installed on the mac, and when I run PT it receives the audio and plays it back.

So I ran Cubase, and at first the Mbox blew. Red peak lights staying lit, fuzzy noise coming from headphones and monitors, no audio etc. So I looked it up. One guy said (on a different site) that the problem was the MBox didn't like the buffer being set to 512 samples. So I raised it. Still nothing. Did a restart, started cubase, the Mbox didn't blow. We're getting somewhere.

Now, I set up Cubase to use the MBox 2 as I did the last time. Device setup, asio digidesign drivers etc. etc. Then to VST connections, made sure the outputs were connected.

Loaded a stereo audio track into Cubase, not muted, fader up etc. Not only am I getting no audio, but the meters are blank. I tried switching over to HAlionOne, loading a few presets, and going into the MIDI key editor window (if that's what it's called) and clicking some keys to see if I got anything from that channel. Nothing at all. I believe the MBox family can be troublesome with Cubase 5.

So, anybody got any ideas?

Got it sorted. Thanks for the help

So how did you resolve this, anyway? It seems that this has been a problem for a while now, and I would really appreciate the help! Also, which Mbox 2 model do you have?

-Chrys

Back