Cubase 4 graphics problems

geoff957

I've been running C4 for a few years now but recently the graphics seem to be playing up. Bits & pieces of one window will appear over the top of the current one, or things will be out of line etc. Any ideas what could cause this please? I was thinking of a reinstall but would like to avoid that if possible.
Thanks in advance.

Try rebooting your computer, then closing any programs in the background. This happened to me in Reaper sometimes, my problem was ram. Now I defrag one a month and follow the same advice I just gave you. Cleared my problem up instantly.

Are you sure Windows hasn't updated the video driver beyond that which that elderly version of Cubase is happy with? I'd guess that it's probably not Cubase causing it. Since it was discontinued in 2009 lots of things have happened with Windows.

Try rebooting your computer, then closing any programs in the background. This happened to me in Reaper sometimes, my problem was ram. Now I defrag one a month and follow the same advice I just gave you. Cleared my problem up instantly.[/QUOTE

Thanks for replying. I give that a try.

Are you sure Windows hasn't updated the video driver beyond that which that elderly version of Cubase is happy with? I'd guess that it's probably not Cubase causing it. Since it was discontinued in 2009 lots of things have happened with Windows.

Thanks for the reply.
I doubt it, it's been running fine for a few years under XP and not connected to the internet. The problem is only recent.

This does sound to me like a computer issue. But I would maybe try deleting your Cubase Preferences and see if that clears it up. I don't remember how to do that with C8. Just Google and find how. I think it in 'appdata' file.

Cubase went crazy on me a few times in the past...Deleting Preferences and restarting solved them.

Best of luck to ya!

Back