Crazy Latency Jump Help Anybody!

GreenSpectrum

i just cued up a a project in Cubase sx after reinstalling wondows on my computer, and found to my horror that for some reason there is a gigantic latency now when I try to use the monitor button. Its a lag of like a second. I didnt have this problem before. the only changes I made were that I reinstalled the driver for my sound card I found it online and reinstalled it, because the drivers were lost when I wiped the hard drive. But I'm sure it the right one and cubase works and everything. this sucks! i used to hear other people complaining about the same latency lag. Never thought it could happen to me. It had great latency before, and thus great monitoring. I'm using Cubase with a 32 bit card and its designed for recording. Its the Audiophile 2496.

1. how do I fix this?

2. does this probably mean that other things are lagging too?
like for instance if I'm chatting with a mic? I ten to thionk its only Cubase, but I'm not sure.

3. so, would this be a cubase problem or a soundcard problem?

any help appreciated.

Will

ps there doesnt seemt o be any recording lag , i can see the waveform as soon as I play it, but there is a breif lag before when I press record, before it starts recording. So it seems the problem is somewhere else than the actual signal entering the sounfd card and getting recorded by cubase. its in the monitor function itself?

and make sure that you are using the ASIO driver, if you just did a reinstall, it will probably defualt to the WDM or DirectX driver, neither of which you want

hey thererrrrrrrrrrre that shouild be long enough

Hi

Thanks for the replies. How do I get to that again? I remember doing that before, setting it to the asio driver. But how do I do it agin? Sorry I foget shit. thanks a lot though, I sure hope you guys are right.

:D
Will

Devices > Device Setup > VST Multitrack
Select the proper driver for your interface and use the control panel to adjust your buffers.
I'm not familiar with the Delta ASIO driver so I can't help ya much there.

didnt work

I changed it to the right driver ( it was on the wrong one, and it didn't change anything. There's still the long lag.

Back