A couple of cubase questions

4p...

hi, im using cubase le and find it a bit irritating at the moment.

1) I would realy like to do some reverse reverb but it doesnt seem to work no matter what i try. Ive looked at the forums but it doesnt work for me. Does any know how to does in LE.

2) Also when mixing with midi tracks do I have to convert the midi to audio to get it to sound in the fina mix? if so, how do i do this by pressing a button or is there software that does this, or do i have to route my outputs of my soundcard to inputs solo the track and press play whilst recording that midi on an audio track? thanks for your help

1. I would check KVRaudio.com and see if there are any free plugins available that do that, the reverbs that are included with cubase do not have a reverse feature AFAIK

2. The most common mistake/confusion point with cubase. When you add a VST instrument to the rack, cubase automatically creates audio tracks for that instrument in the inspector frame under "vst instruments". That is the instruments audio output(s), each behave exactly like any other audio track and can be automated, eq'd, plugged, sent etc. There is no need to route the VSTi to an audio track manually, the only difference is that you dont "see" the waveforms since there technically is no audio file of what the vsti is spitting out (but the meters do work normally). This track is mixed normally at mixdown

1. Go to KVR (like altitude says) and look for SIR. Then google reverb impulses and download some more. SIR has a reverse function that works pretty well.

2. Refer to altitude's answer...

;)

For question 2, you can mixdown the VSTi track individually once you won't be changing it anymore and then add it as a new audio track and not use the VSTi anymore, that way you minimize the CPU load that the VSTi track would be using.

Back