Converting stereo to two mono tracks

Clive05

Simple question. I've got a stereo audio track, which i want to convert to two seperate mono tracks. How do i do it?

In Cool Edit Pro i just select the left channel, copy and paste it to a new track, then do the same for the right. But in Cubase i can't seem to find any way of just selecting one track.

Cheers
Clive

Simple question. I've got a stereo audio track, which i want to convert to two seperate mono tracks. How do i do it?

Cheers
Clive

hmm ive never had to do this but if you want a long logical way, export the stereo audio track as a panned left and right mp3 and then import it into cool edit pro, do what ya gotta. then export each mono file and paste em back in?

my bassist is coming round later and hes pretty whizzy, i'll ask him for the shorthand way for ya and post back later.

hope that helps in the meantime dude

You should be able to Export>Audio Mixdown to Stereo Split I think, which basically makes 2 mono tracks. Make sure to select that track in particular as your source. Or just mute everything but that track. Or solo it.

Don't export anything as mp3. Export as wav. If you want to degrade it to mp3 afterwards then fair enough, but there's no point mixing down straight to a compressed, degraded format.

Back