Computer Speakers with cubase LE

david7287

I just got a fire pod and i want to use my computer speakers that are connected through my sound card with Cubase LE. The phone jack on the firepod is all that will work. I looked through the manual but didnt find anything. Please help!!

you might need to make sure the presonus asio driver is selected in device properties vst multitrack, also sometimes you need to bring up the presonus mixer. hope that helps.

david7287 said:
I just got a fire pod and i want to use my computer speakers that are connected through my sound card with Cubase LE. The phone jack on the firepod is all that will work. I looked through the manual but didnt find anything. Please help!!

The Firepod and internal soundcard are incompatible, since there is no way to sync them. You should monitor through the Firepod. You can plug your speakers into the appropriate Firepod outputs.

So how can i master and mix my recordings after being finished with the firepod.................just slected something in the VST outputs?

david7287 said:
So how can i master and mix my recordings after being finished with the firepod.................just slected something in the VST outputs?

The normal method is to use the Firepod to send the mix to the monitors. I suppose you could turn off the Firepod, and redirect your software to use your internal soundcard, but that would be atypical.

Why wouldn't you want to monitor through the Firepod?

Are computer sp. external if so hook them up to the firepod.
You should go into the bios and disable the onboard sound.

monitors

i had the same dilemma when i first got my firepod so i just bought a pair of monitors. but i still like to use my cpu speakers to see how the mix translate to other spearker systems. if you want to do this you have to go to device setup and change the driver from the presonus one to the regular soundcard that your cpu uses (mine is 'something multimedia'). the only thing that sucks is that when you do this, all of the input routings change back to inputs 1 and 2 and you have to go back and change everything if you want to record some more. . . . . but if you are done recording and just want to check out what your song sounds like using you cpu speakers before you export it, then it works great.

Back