Can't copy paste automation anymore

Vigo

This never happened to me... I copy some points on a volume automated track and when i try to paste them it just wont do anything... I tryed both with CTRL C CTRL V and with the ''edit'' tab which offers ''copy'' and ''paste''

In all situations i just cant paste the points so i have to redo the whole automation by hand every time... This is a serious time killer anyone has ever gotten this problem before?

That kind of shiz happens when preferences get discombobulated... It happens. You may need to trash your prefs.

Are you using Cubase 7 or 8?

If so you can try in Safe Start Mode to see if it solves the issues. Link below.

https://www.steinberg.net/nc/en/sup...rt-mode-resetting-the-cubase-preferences.html

If an earlier version you may need to find the Steinberg AppData file. Something like that. Copy the folder to desktop and you may be able to save templates and things that you need. But Once you remove it from the AppData folder, Cubase will reconstruct a new one.

Last edited:
Im using 7.5 ! Oh and an other interesting thing i could point out... The autosaved arn't working anymore. Yep, i just noticed, i've just lost about an hour of work just now. **** my life seriously this pisses me to no extent....... Im trasing every prefs right now i dont want this **** to ever happen again

Trashing the preferences got me my auto-saves back but i still cant copy paste points of an automation track.......

I am curious man, did you upgrade from Cubase 6? I had issue where Cubase 7 prefs were somehow tainted by prefs from older version.

I had to delete the prefs files for Cubase 6 completely, then have Cubase 7 rebuild the prefs in order for it to actually create a fresh set that worked. It was quite a while ago but I clearly remember having to do that.

Best to ya man!

No i used cubase 5 for a couple of years when i learned then about 2 years ago i bought cubase 7.5 (like 2 months before cubase 8 got out lol). But i bought a computer at the same time so the only thing this computer ever knew about was 7.5.

BTW that's what i did i deleted everything that was in the cubase data thingy folder that holds preferences and windwos colors size etc etc then rebuild all my preferences from scratch. Doing this did nothing but enable back the auto-saves.

Heh guess i'll have to live with that pain in the *** from now on...

That sucks man! I don't have C7.5 installed anymore so can't take a look and test. It works fine in 8.5 here.

Back