Can someone confirm this for me real quick

Guitargodgt

If the cubase pro 8 licence will open older versions of cubase?

I want to upgrade, but can't install 8 yet for reasons.

If the cubase pro 8 licence will open older versions of cubase?

I want to upgrade, but can't install 8 yet for reasons.

I don't know for sure but I recently had Cubase 6, 7 AND 7.5 all running with no problems on the same machine, I've not got v8 yet.

Ok, wait. I still have Cubase 6.07, 7.5 and 8. programs running separately on the same computer. I think I misunderstood.

I thought you were asking if C8 would open previous versions files.

Yes, it is a separate program as always. Different Preferences. Shares same VST folder if you wish. The license covers all previous purchased versions.

My UAD and ILok are not setup for C6 while offline, but that is another issue...

I can open all my versions Cubase after upgrades. In fact, after buying the Cubase 7.5 upgrade, I find myself still using Cubase 6.5. Guess I'm not crazy about the upgrade.

I can open all my versions Cubase after upgrades. In fact, after buying the Cubase 7.5 upgrade, I find myself still using Cubase 6.5. Guess I'm not crazy about the upgrade.

I couldn't live without the mixer update!

But to each their own.

Hey! You can post again! :D

My machine is to outdated (which sucks because it doesn't feel slow at all running 7.5) to run cubase 8 is the reason and I had to buy a new (er used) car recently so that cleared out the new computer fund for now.

I ask because the 7.5 licence will open cubase all the way back to at least 5 (I never owned 4) so I was hoping they kept that feature.

It is needed IMO anyway because I have had issues opening projects done in 5 and 6.5 in 7.5, usually a plugin that doesn't want to load or I don't have it anymore or something like that. Usually opening the old project and removing the offending plugins does the trick, but I have to be able to open up the older versions in the older versions. :)

Back