Can Nuendo Open Cubase Projects

jgourd

I am thinking of giving up on Logic. I have a bunch of older projects that I did in Cubase and was wondering if Nuendo can open them?

Logic is more geared toward the MIDI musician than the recording / production engineer.

If I get Nuendo, I will probably sell off the Logic package.

I got Nuendo

It was expensive, but so far I like it. Although I have had Nuendo installed for only 2 hours, I am way passed where I was on the Logic learning curve after 1 month.

I think I finally found DAW software that suits my style of working. I have bought and tried quite a few in the past 9 months.
1. N-Track - Still like it
2. Vegas Video Pro - Great for video, but lacking in tools that I like for audio Mixing
3. Cubase VST - I bought it mostly becuase N-Track wasn't working well with ASIO. Installin Cubase fixed N-Track's ASIO problems. Cubase was crashing all the time (turned out to be the USB card and the Tascam US-428) but I did manage to get some nice mixes out of it. It can't do surround mixing so I bought...
4. Logic Audio Platinum - I never took to Logic. I tried, I really really did. Logic was an uphill battle every time I tried to do anything new. Although I was told it was a good recording package, and it is, I found it to be a MIDI musician's tool, not a tool for sound engineers. Perhaps you can customize to do so, but first you have to learn to program the environment. Ultimately, I dreaded running the program.
5. Nuendo - Only a few hours into it and I really like it. Setup was nice, adding ASIO inputs was easy, adding MotorMix support was easy, importing old Cubase projects was easy. The book is well laid out. It seems to have taken some of its look and feel from the best parts of the other programs I like, making it easier to come up to speed.

Now I just need to sell Logic and Cubase with I have packed up in the original boxes with their dongles. Anyone want these?

Back