can cubase sx1.01 handle multiple audio outputs?

carltech

Hi, I'm running cubase sx1.01 and i'm trying to get a 'maudio fw410' soundcard working. I'm trying to get multiple audio outputs set-up (i.e. each cubase audio track having an individual output) but i can't find how i add/select additional single outs/bus's within cubase or even if i can?
Any help most welcome.
carl

I have Cubase 4 and SX3... even the version of Cubase I used in 1999 handled multiple outs. The limit isn't Cubase, it's the physical outs you have.

On Cubase 4 if I go to Devices up top and select VST Connections and make sure the outs are "turned on", then they are available in the Mixers for each audio track.

re cubase sxv1 fw410 compatibility.

Thanks for that, dintymoore. I don't suppose you can remember what version your 1999 cubase was? Thanks for mentioning the physical outputs, but the soundcard i'm trying to get working has 10 analog outs and it's these that i cannot seem to get cubase to show. (only the main st 1&2 and digital outs show on the main track display screen).
Thanks
carl

Thanks for that, dintymoore. I don't suppose you can remember what version your 1999 cubase was? Thanks for mentioning the physical outputs, but the soundcard i'm trying to get working has 10 analog outs and it's these that i cannot seem to get cubase to show. (only the main st 1&2 and digital outs show on the main track display screen).
Thanks
carl

My 1999 version was VST 24 I believe. I also have Cubase 4 and SX3. What you are trying to do will work with SX1 I believe.

Here's what it looks like on Cubase 4, maybe yours is similar...

CUBASEOUTS.jpg

red - if I go to this menu and choose VST Connections

green - I get this box

yellow - this is a pair of outs on my M-Audio Delta 1010LT card that are turned on

blue - this is a pair of outs on the card that are not turned on

Notice how under "Audio Device" is says "Delta 1010LT".

Here's a shot from SX3 where the ASIO driver selected is the built-in soundcard and not my Delta card, note there's only 2 outs 'cause that's all the computer has:

SX3.jpg

Thanks........

Thanks dintymoore for your excellent advice and screens shots. Unfortunately, my screens look very different to your's, (i.e.the vst outputs screen had very little of the buttons/control as your's does, I guess my old version of sx is quite a bit different to yours.
Thanks a lot though, matey, you're very helpful, i think i'll try to get some answers from steinberg.
Cheers
Carl

Back