64bit plugin problems...

mchillak

I have a problem with my 64bit version of Cubase 7. All the vst3 plugins are listed as 32bit with the "///" symbol next to them. Even the native steinberg plugins like "amp simulator" and "vintage compressor" etc. Is that normal? Is it because I have the Cubase 32bit version installed as well? i was told they could exist happily together on the same machine but now I'm wondering if I have to uninstall cubase 32.

Its almost as if the 64bit cubase is looking at the 32bit versions folders etc. Its very strange.

Anyone have any clues as to what might be happening here?

Thanks.

Win 7 64bit Cubase 7.06

I am not sure if this is a situation to delete preferences or not. I only use 32-bit Cuase so I don't have a worthy answer. Hoping GN will be here soon to give detailed response..

Maybe Cubase itself can resolve it if you deletethe XML Vst2xPlugins Cubase, Vst2xBlacklist Cubase, VstPlugInfoV2 in folder C/Document and Settings/user/Applicaton Data/Steinberg/Cubase 7-64 and restart Cubase, it rescans the whole caboose then. There are more tricks needed if you installed your plgs elswhere than standard. -F

Have you checked your plugin paths? Go to Devices -> Plugin Information and check the paths. It should be set to C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins and/or C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 7\VSTPlugins.

Hope that helps.

Cheers :)

Thanks all, i bought JBridge 1,7b, and no problems since ... even can use old discontinued 32bit VST instruments as converted plugin now, like Virtual Guitarist 2 an Broomstick Bass ....

Back