Why ACID Pro 4.0? (SONARXL, COOL EDIT PRO?)

3des

I'm experimetning with all three of these tools, and although I spent the last year of my life reading every magazine and online article I could get my hands on, I'm still fairly confused as to why ACID PRO isn't just fine for "my needs" (perhaps it is?):

Here's the lowdown and what I'd really like input on:

>> I do almost NO midi. Perhaps I'm a dinosaur and am missing out on the amazing possibilities, but the fact remains, I compose most of my music the following way:

>> Korg Triton keyboard: straight to mixing board to pc.

>> Acoustic and/or electric guitar to mixer to pc.

>> Vocals to mixer to pc.

>> Additonal loops and/or samples in ACID Pro 4.0* or SOnar or Cool Edit

*So far I've found that using Acidized samples is about as easy as it gets.

One question I have is...

AM I MISSING SOMETHING?? Acid seems to handle all of the multitrack audio recording I could ever need, the loop creation seems much easier than in SONAR (I can't even create a loop in Sonar!)

And HERE IS THE KICKER (perhaps I missing something):

Adding effects and processing is WAY easier and faster in ACID and COOL EDIT, maybe I'm doing something wrong, but SonarXL is a DRAG to use, but I thought I would try it as it seemed "top of the line" and maybe worth putting the effort into (to grow into it), but it is SOOOOO frustrating to create loops and to preview effects in realtime!

I almost bought the legit version of Acid last night, but I'm waiting to make sure I'm not overlooking something. (plus, as I understand it, if I do start to use the midi deal and the soft synths and such, I can do that in Acid too, right?)

I realize this is an Acid forum, but perhaps I can get some honest input on why Cool Edit or Sonar are worth looking at (depends on the the kind of recording I'm doing??)

3des said:
I'm experimetning with all three of these tools, and although I spent the last year of my life reading every magazine and online article I could get my hands on, I'm still fairly confused as to why ACID PRO isn't just fine for "my needs" (perhaps it is?):

Here's the lowdown and what I'd really like input on:

>> I do almost NO midi. Perhaps I'm a dinosaur and am missing out on the amazing possibilities, but the fact remains, I compose most of my music the following way:

>> Korg Triton keyboard: straight to mixing board to pc.

>> Acoustic and/or electric guitar to mixer to pc.

>> Vocals to mixer to pc.

>> Additonal loops and/or samples in ACID Pro 4.0* or SOnar or Cool Edit

*So far I've found that using Acidized samples is about as easy as it gets.

One question I have is...

AM I MISSING SOMETHING?? Acid seems to handle all of the multitrack audio recording I could ever need, the loop creation seems much easier than in SONAR (I can't even create a loop in Sonar!)

And HERE IS THE KICKER (perhaps I missing something):

Adding effects and processing is WAY easier and faster in ACID and COOL EDIT, maybe I'm doing something wrong, but SonarXL is a DRAG to use, but I thought I would try it as it seemed "top of the line" and maybe worth putting the effort into (to grow into it), but it is SOOOOO frustrating to create loops and to preview effects in realtime!

I almost bought the legit version of Acid last night, but I'm waiting to make sure I'm not overlooking something. (plus, as I understand it, if I do start to use the midi deal and the soft synths and such, I can do that in Acid too, right?)

I realize this is an Acid forum, but perhaps I can get some honest input on why Cool Edit or Sonar are worth looking at (depends on the the kind of recording I'm doing??)

"If it ain't broke don't fix it". ;)

Meaning........ if you are the most comfortable with using Acid Pro 4.0, then stick with Acid Pro 4.0.

Acid is a GREAT program, and it has an easy learning curve.

It seems to fit your needs, so there is no reason for you not to use it.

AND................

If it ever gets to a point where you need to record multiple INPUT's at the same time, you can use Sonic Foundry Vegas Video 4.0 (it is setup almost identical to Acid.

Peace...
:cool:

spin

Back