vegas, saved files in all hte wrong places...exporting to one folder?

shackrock

vegas 5.

I accidently saved all the files in this folder randomly, with like a million other audio files. I want to put all the audio files for this one track/project in it's own folder, where it shoulda been put in the first place. Is there an "export media to zip" or "export media pool to ___ folder" or ANYTHING like that? Or do I have to go find all the files I'm usiong 1 by 1 and put them in the other folder by hand!? haha...

thanks

Welcome to the world of file management. Consider it a lesson learned.

Whenever I start a new Vegas project I ALWAYS start a new folder and make that the recorded files folder. Saves a lot of time.

does anyone know how to change the recording device to something other than microsoft soud mapper or whatever its called

shackrock said:
vegas 5.

I accidently saved all the files in this folder randomly, with like a million other audio files. I want to put all the audio files for this one track/project in it's own folder, where it shoulda been put in the first place. Is there an "export media to zip" or "export media pool to ___ folder" or ANYTHING like that? Or do I have to go find all the files I'm usiong 1 by 1 and put them in the other folder by hand!? haha...

thanks
Tear off the Explorer panel so it's floating, and navigate it to the folder you want to dump your stuff to. Go to your Media Pool panel. Select all your files, and right-click drag them into your Explorer panel. You should get a context menu, and 'Move Here' should be on of your options.

elevate said:
Tear off the Explorer panel so it's floating, and navigate it to the folder you want to dump your stuff to. Go to your Media Pool panel. Select all your files, and right-click drag them into your Explorer panel. You should get a context menu, and 'Move Here' should be on of your options.

BINGO! :D

ah, genius! haha.

thanks.

This is the first time I forgot to do that before I started the project - it's been a while! ha.

thane1200 said:
Simple:

OPTIONS>>>>>PREFERENCES>>>>>AUDIO DEVICE. Voila!

ive tried that but when i go to the drop down menu my device is not on the list

only microsoft sound mapper, direct sound surround mapper, and windows classic wave driver

can someone explain this

Back