plug ins for acid pro 4

deadkennedys

whats the deal with plug ins, im trying to learn recording on my own and its tough. i have acid pro 4 and i want to download plug ins for it, first of all what are plugins, and how do they work. i want a pitch correction for vocals but dont know what to download. i got voice tweaker and put the flie into the sonic foundry acid pro folder, and i have know idea how to use it. how do i tune the vocals correctly once ive recorded them?????

You want to download plug-ins but you don't know what they are? You really need to read more before you ask questions like this. Do some searches on the subject here - you'll find a ton of info.

Nice links, SPINSTERWUN.

deadkennedys - Sorry, man, I just read my first reply and damn I sound like a jerk! I didn't mean to be so harsh. I must've been having a bad day at work!

I want to download a free midi plugin thing. Can I use it in acid? I will find the link to the plugin to show you.

Vst plugins are little programs that act like I suppose you would call them "virtual stompboxes", but they are not just stomp boxes they also are rack effects...reverb,echo etc and soft synths (synthesiser clones of well known instruments (usually analogue old gear that cost a fortune)) and many other applications that I probably haven''t heard of and used. but thats the basic explanation. Bolt on programs to the acid pro suite or what ever you''re using and you''re off. there are millions out there some are good some are crap. As for the guy that said you should read more, in the time it took him to write that he could have told you. but thats the music biz, full of arseholes trying to prove they're smarter than somebody...hope this helps

Last edited:
I'm betting that in the nearly 9 years since this thread was last active that everybody involved has had time to learn all about plugins.

Back