moving files with Acid 7

paleo

I've been recording on my PC laptop with ACID 7. I've run out of room on the laptop's internal drive, and wish to put all my acid related (wav, sfk, renders) files on an external. I have copied them to an external drive, set the 'folders' preference to the new location, but when I pull up an old project, all the parts are still coming from the old location on th laptop.

How do I get Acid to recognize the new location for past projects?

AmI missing something really simple? I want to make sure I can still work on previous projects before I delete the GIGANTIC folder from my laptop.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

https://paleo1.bandcamp.com/releases

Unfortunately you may have to update each project file individually. File paths are stored within '.acd' files. The changes you made in Preferences will hold for new projects, but it won't alter the old ones.
However, if it makes anything easier, after Acid finds your first file, it should have another pop-up saying something to the effect that it found other project files in the same location, and do you want to use that location for the rest. Clicking 'Yes' should spare you a lot of individual affirmations.
If there's an easier way to do this, I'm afraid I don't know what it is.

Back