Cool Edit Pro vs. Cool Edit 2000

Chammy

Whats the difference between Cool Edit Pro and Cool Edit 2000?Is either one good enough?I heard Pro has 128 tracks.

Well, good enough for what?

And, if you really want a reply, why are you asking that question in the Sonic Foundry Forum instead of the Syntrillium Forum? Uh, I mean the Cool Edit Pro Forum.

Tom

and if you really want to pad your postcount, do it with USEABLE answers...

like this:

Syntrillium offers two audio editing applications for Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/and Windows XP (Home and Professional): Cool Edit 2000 and Cool Edit Pro. Which one is right for you?

If you are an audio professional working in a studio, a radio station, or at a project studio where you need the most advanced audio mixing, editing, and effects processing capabilities available, then you probably want Cool Edit Pro. It is more powerful than Cool Edit 2000 and offers more high-end features. Syntrillium also offers telephone support for Cool Edit Pro. Cool Edit Pro costs $249 for the download version or $279 plus shipping for the CD version. Cool Edit 2000 hub costs $69 and you have to download it.

If you are just getting started with professional audio recording and/or have a limited budget, then take a look at Cool Edit 2000. Although it does not have all of the high-end features of Cool Edit Pro, it is still very much a professional-level application, and you can expand it with plug-ins if and when you need to do so. You can download and purchase Cool Edit 2000 right online at Syntrillium's online store, and it costs only $69 for the main product. Syntrillium does not offer telephone support for Cool Edit 2000, but our email support is fast and accurate. Give it a try by sending your questions to support@syntrillium.com.

See below for a list of the major differences between the two applications.

Cool Edit Pro offers 128-track mixing, with Record/Solo/Mute controls, Amp/Pan envelopes, looping, Real Time effects and other similar multitrack features. Cool Edit 2000 does not come standard with multitrack mixing, although the optional $49 Studio Plug-In adds 4-track mixing capability.

Cool Edit Pro's multitrack capabilities include support for multiple input/output devices, so if you have a multitrack audio interface or more than one sound card, you can use all of your devices in Cool Edit Pro. Cool Edit 2000's optional Studio Plug-In only addresses a single input/output pair for recording and playback.

Cool Edit 2000 comes standard with MP3 import/export. Cool Edit Pro 2.0 offers the same MP3 functionality and also has the ability to save and open MP3pro and .wma files.

Cool Edit Pro comes standard with more than 40 DSP effects, whereas Cool Edit 2000 has about 20. Effects in Cool Edit Pro that are not standard in Cool Edit 2000 include Chorus, Click/Pop Reduction, Hiss Reduction, Clip Restoration, Convolution, 10/20/30-band Graphic EQ, Parametric EQ, Multitap Delay, a Vocoder, an Envelope Follower, a Pan/Expander, and Sweeping Phaser, and Hard Limiting. (Note: The optional $49 Audio Cleanup Plug-In adds Click/Pop Reduction, Hiss Reduction, and Clip Restoration to Cool Edit 2000.)

Cool Edit Pro can be slaved to MIDI time code for syncing to a MIDI sequencer, or other recording device. Cool Edit Pro can also be triggered through external MIDI commands. Cool Edit 2000 does not have these features.

Cool Edit Pro does not support Windows 95 or NT. Cool Edit 2000 is supported by any of the Windows Operating systems.

Check out the web site below for a complete list of features for all of our Cool Edit versions.

http://www.syntrillium.com/products/whichone.html

How in the hell do you guys change your fonts, text size, and add all those smiley faces? Tell me!! ( I would have made that last part real big, if I knew how!)

ed

Back