Anyone here use Video Factory?

RWhite

Awhile back I bought a copy of Sonic Foundry Video Factory, version 2.0 if I remmeber correctly. Think of it as "Vegas Lite". I bought it just in time for Sony to buy out SF and drop the product.

Now I'm at the point where I want to actually start using it and I'm finding it far from intuitive. I know there aren't many people at this site yet, I was just curious if anyone here has used the product.

Actually I got the answer I needed elsewhere .... how to split a single (imported) video clip into multiples. But I'm glad to hear that some others out there are using the software. And thanks for replying.

Actually, I do have another question. I must be spoiled working with audio files, because outputing my finished video file seem awful slow in comparison. I had a 30 minute TV show (recorded as MPEG1, video CD resolution) which I cut the commercials out of, leaving 22 minutes of remaining material. Outputing the project as a finished MPEG1 file took 11 minutes of disk writing - and my computer was "locked up" busy during that time. Is this typical for rendering times? I have a Athlon XP 2000 system, 512 RAM and a couple of fast hard drives.

... I'm finding it far from intuitive...

Hmmm... I've always found Video Factory and its big brother Vegas to have one of the best, most intutive user interfaces I've seen...

Back