Acid Timing Issues And Recording Issues.

czar of bizarre

ok here is the deal. i have music in acid. however i SYNCED acid with the roland vs. i used the vs as MASTER and i reorded the music into the roland. i laid down vocals to the music that was recorded inside the roland. now here is where it gets weird.

i burned the vocals and IMPORTED them as WAV into acid. i opened up the same song and i loaded the vocals up. for some reason it sounds a little off. i dont know what it is. it could be me but it sounds off. can i use the BEAT MAPPER to correct this?

if im not making myself clear let me put it like this.

i recorded the beat,laid the vocals and tried to match the vocals back up to what was inside the pc. keep in mind that the beat was SYNCED when i recorded it so everything should be on time.

the other problem is this.

when i record a source (spdif in) acid records my source AND the tracks that have been previously laid. how do i stop that?

another problem is jitter and sound play back. how do i stop it? im at 512 mb of ram and a kmd-k6 with 475 mhz and 2 hard drives. one is 5400 and one is 7200. if i record the tracks to the 7200 will that increase performence????

helpppppppppp

czar

Man, you are all over the place on this one...

Let me try my usual "by the numbers" response:

1.) Why not just record directly into Acid?

(I have a VS-1880 which is basically just collecting dust. I'd sell it but I paid about double what they go for new thanks to Roland's pants dropping antics with prices lately.) Oh yeah, this post was about YOU wasn't it..

2.) Have you tried expanding the "track view" and moving the vocal track forward or backward a tad? Usually you can fix any timing problem this way.

3.) Don't know what you mean about the sp/dif thing. If you mean going from the VS to the computer, then look at your settings on the VS deck... probably a simple command burried in their rediculous manuals.

4.) Both hard drives should be FAST! Mixing the 7200 and 5200 hard drives is basically like telling your computer that its ok to work at slower speeds even though you both know one of you can do better...

5.) I seem to reply to every post with numbered responses. Why is that?

Z

1.) Why not just record directly into Acid?
tied that. it sounds great......however here is the issue.....i cant add fx. the tracks will crack,jitter etc etc when i try to process them.

2.) Have you tried expanding the "track view" and moving the vocal track forward or backward a tad? Usually you can fix any timing problem this way.
tried that. it still seems "off"
3.) Don't know what you mean about the sp/dif thing. If you mean going from the VS to the computer, then look at your settings on the VS deck... probably a simple command burried in their rediculous manuals.
no im going from the computer to the roland. you need the OS UPDATE to solve the problem. it is a KNOWN issue and a patch needs to be used.
4.) Both hard drives should be FAST! Mixing the 7200 and 5200 hard drives is basically like telling your computer that its ok to work at slower speeds even though you both know one of you can do better...
i dump everything to the faster drive now. it opens faster and i get more tracks......but i cant process em......

thanks 4 the help. sorry about the deal with roland. i have experienced that with them also. its like they come with products and 2 monthes later come out with teh same product but charge more.....

czar

Back