Acid or Sound Forge

Delilah

I have a Sony Vaio computer that came with Sound Forge and Acid and I am planning to record commercials to send to radio stations. I am wondering if anyone can tell me which program I should use. Any information would be appreciated as I am new to the whole concept.

Thank you,
Delilah

you can record in acid....but may I suggest you do this

Record/Track using Vegas...... Sequence everything in Acid and edit in Sound forge

acid vs sf

i agree with the above...i have acid and vegas audio, and i use acid for cool background stuff, but all recording...mixing...etc is in vegas. With vegas audio, i have no real need for Sound Forge, unless someone can tell me otherwise.

I still use Cakewalk Pro 9 for multitracking, then import them to acid, add beats/samples/loops, then finalize things in sonudforge.

Kinda the same thing they are saying, but another software option you may want to explore.

Re: acid vs sf

kormaniac said:
i agree with the above...i have acid and vegas audio, and i use acid for cool background stuff, but all recording...mixing...etc is in vegas. With vegas audio, i have no real need for Sound Forge, unless someone can tell me otherwise.

Sound Forge would be used for your editing. Even when I use Vegas, I still export to Sound Forge for my editing functions. :cool:

Back