Acid Pro vs Acid Screeblast? help please

guido #2

Alright, I'm pullin' the trigger on one of these, TODAY:
Acid Pro or Acid Screeblast
Screenblast looks like old fashioned ACID. Am I right?
To me, it looks like the only difference is that Acid Pro can do 5.1, Rewire and VST EFX.... all of which do not matter so much to me (i say that now ;^) ).

What DOES matter is that i can track live (vocals or somesuch) into screenblast.... they say you can, but what are the limitations?
Any of you guys know?

Hey Guido #2

Ive used Screenblast to track a little bit. It works pretty good. I mainly use it for making loops though. Tracking abilities are fine though.....but i havent figured out how to "cut myself in" into the middle of a track yet. Anyway, it seems to work good for tracking, but i think it was mostly made for looping.

You can only record one track at a time.

If you want to record multiple tracks at once, you will need to purchase Vegas Video.

JGunnerG said:
.....but i havent figured out how to "cut myself in" into the middle of a track yet.......

If you want to punch in on Track 1......

Re-record the Take (which we will call Track 2).

Cut out the undesirable portion of Track 1.

Truncate the desired portions of Track 2.

Once you have them set, Mix-To-New-Track (Ctrl-M).

Now, Track 1 and Track 2 will be be combimed into the new Track 3.

spin

Thanx All!
Seems like the easiest thing will be to make the beat , save it as a WAV, then import it into PT to do vocals.
I just wanted to make sure I wasnt missing something that would be important to me in the diff between SB and ACID PRO.......buying SB will save me $200! Gues I'll order it Monday, now....
thnx again!

Thanks for the help Spinsterwun...recording on a new track and cutting unwanted parts had been what i was doing. I just wasnt sure if there was another way.

We'll see how that import thing plays out, 'cause Acid will be running on a PC and PT will be running on a Mac -
Mac OS9 and Windows XP dont like to play together, so assuming I can't get a network connection, I'm planning on SPDIF out from the PC to SPDIF in to PT on the Mac, probably real-time.

Back