Acid Pro 4.0 Or Cool Edit Pro 2??? HELP!!!

mp205wizard

Hi, I Am Advanced In Usin Cool Edit Pro 2, But I Now Have Acid Pro 4.0 Also, I Dont Know How 2 Work Acid Pro Much, But Which 1 RECORDS CLEAR STUDIO SOUNDING VOCALS BEST? I Have A Condensor Mic & Pre Amp, Maybe A Bullcrap Sound Card (soundblaster 16 digital 4.1), But Which Software Is Best To Record And Edit Good Vocals?

I use Acid Pro 4 and I think its great because you can use VSTi insturments (synths..etc). I think recording clear vocals depends on your hardware. The software is just the program you use in order to easily save them on your computer that has little to no bearing on the actual quality of the sound. Beyond that, your plugins are the only thing thats going to affect your sound. Hence your tracks are going to sound identical (as long as you`re using the same sample rates and plugins) on either software. I`ts just a matter of personal preference. I think its best to get to know 1 program in and out really well.

P.S.-I think TC Works makes the best natural sounding reverbs for vocals

Ok, My Boy Has PRO TOOLS, And It Has A Plug In Called A GATE, Which Takes Tha Air Noise Out The MIC, Does Either Of There Programs Have It? Cool Edit Pro 2.0 Or Acid Pro 4.0?

I have to disagree there..

The program does contribute to the sound quality.

Depending on the sound bit the program can handle.

I use Acid Pro 4.0 and sell video tutorials on how to use it.

The sound card you have makes a big diffence as well. If you have a standard sound card the bit rate on it is probly not that great.

I use and Audigy 2, great sound card.

If you want to hear what you vocals could sound like Using Acid Pro with a good sound card check out my song here

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=387276&T=8526

Keep in mind that this is just a .wma version so it won't sound as good.

Just click on the little play button.

Ronnie

Noise Gate

mp205wizard said:
Ok, My Boy Has PRO TOOLS, And It Has A Plug In Called A GATE, Which Takes Tha Air Noise Out The MIC, Does Either Of There Programs Have It? Cool Edit Pro 2.0 Or Acid Pro 4.0?

Acid pro as a effects in the effects chain called Smooth/Enhance this will take out some air noise, but if you have a good sound card you shouldn't be getting air noise.

Acid also has some effects plug-ins called Noise Reduction, but of course you have to purchase them.

Ronnie Rokk

Sorry,,,When I was refering to the hardware making a difference in sound quality, I was refering to the sound card as a piece of the hardware. Both programs will record at the same bit depth, so until you start adding plugins like smooth/enhance etc. they will sound the same with the same sound card, (the converter on the card/bay is going to convert the signal exactly the same) the same bit depth, and the same sampling rate. The Sonic Foundary Noise Reduction is a good place to start to get the noise off. But again, this is a plug in and is added after the track has been initially recorded.

Whats Some Good Sound Cards & Links For Under $100. I Want To Sound Like Im In A Studio....

Example:

http://www.soundclick.com/freestylewizard

The First Track, "YO CADILLAC", Is Me, I'm SECOND, U Can Tell Thats Out The Studio, I WANNA SOUND LIKE THAT HERE, IN MY ROOM, My Verse Was Recorded Usin PRO TOOLS, & The First Guy On That Track Is My Partner, His Didnt Sound Bad Either, He Uses Acid Pro 3.0 Wit A Bullshit Wal Mart $9 And It Still Sound Ok, Better Than My Condersor $249 Mic, Pre Amp, And Upgraded Sound Card, And Cool Edit Pro 2.

Now, Peep Tha Other Tracks, All Solos, I Used Cool Edit Pro 2... Dont Sound As Good As Whe I Recorded That 1st Track In The Studio..

Ronnie, Yours Sound CLEAR Man, Thats What I Need...

I am just getting started in the home recording thing and am very excited. I am not going to spend much money starting out until I learn a bit more. I have a good computer (amd 3000 barton, 1 gig ram, 120 gig HD), and will be buying:

- Maya 44 MKII - $109
- Alto S-8 8 Input Compact Mixer - $79
- Shure SM57LC - $89

Not sure if I will mic my guitar amp or run it from the direct out in my Johnson amp straight into the mixer (if thats even possible).

For software I have Sound Forge 6.0, which has:

- Acid PRO 3.0g
- Acid PRO 4.0e
- Vegas 4.0
- And many other editing style programs

I am mainly wanting to just be able to lay down some guitar tracks from my electric or acoustic, throw in some drum and bass loops, and focus heavily on my vocals and my harmonies.

Which software program should I use and will I be able to receive any good results with the above hardware/software combo?

Thanks much in advance for any advice

How are you mixing it? what kind of effects? I can tell that your vocal has a wider stereo spread.
also where are you recording you vocals? record in a different location in the room, or even in a differect room, if you don't have any acoustical treatment put some up behind you (if it's a cardioid mic) also I would think cool edit pro would have some sort of gate, but your the Advanced on one it,

Back