Acid Keyboard

grubbytron

I just got Acid 6 and am attempting to get started. I've read the instructions on using a midi keyboard with acid, but can't get acid to recognize my keyboard. It's a Alesis Photon X25. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are you trying to record a performance from your keyboard into Acid, or trying to get a Midi file to play through your keyboard? What exactly do you mean when you say Acid does not recognize your keyboard?

Yes. I'm trying to record a performance from my midi keyboard. The keyboard doesn't have sounds built it. The keyboard has 1/4" audio ins and outs, and although it can be used as a USB audio interface, I want to use my soundcard for the audio interface. The keyboard is powered by USB. After changing some settings in acid, I got the keyboard to play some audible notes but couldn't record it. When I did get the keyboard to connect and play in ACID Pro, the MIDI cables were not connected, only the USB cable. When that was working, I had my soundcard set to be used as a midi device. Acid named my keyboard USB Audio Device.

Here is what equipment I have:

Alesis Photon X25 MIDI Controller/Audio Interface
M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496 Soundcard
Behringer Eurotrack UB1204-PRO Mixer with ALT 3-4 outs

This Page shows how it's connected, except I don't have the Boss Dr-550. Instead the 1/4" Audio outs go straight from the keyboard to the mixer. I know all this sounds confusing, sorry. If you need any more info, please let me know. I really appreciate any help you guys have.

Back