Which Acid to .. ?

BandGeek

Hi all . :)

I just downloaded the Acid 3.0 demo from Kazaa. I actually wanted the Acid Music 3.0 but the demo sortof came as a bundle together with Acid Pro and Acid Style. So after trying out the few products , *okay actually i just tried Acid Music* i can't really see the physical difference in the outlay. Question :

1. Can someone enlighten me about the differences of the few sonic foundry products? I'm not really sure of which suits me best
I'm doing a demo for my band (2 guitar, bass , vocal, drums)
I really like the Acid thing with the Mixer on the right bottom * which CoolEditPro lacks*

2. Which of Sonic Foundry's products have the record function *like the one CoolEditPro has* which lets u record direct from line-in/mic-in ?

3. Right, so if those two above are answered , I'd probably use Acid product for it's flexibility and user friendlyness . Is there any sites or programs which i can d/l premixed sound files from ? (such as drum loops , bass , guitar )

Thanks to all who reads this , more to those to replys. :)
I appreciate your helps.

The biggest difference for me with the Pro vs. Music is that Pro supports DX Plugins. It comes with a boatload already there, and it also supports third party so you can buy anything that suits your fancy and use it. This is extremely useful when mixing. (try mixing without EQ or Compression!!!)

I started with Acid music 3.0 ($59.00) and was sorry I didn't go with Pro right away. I lucked out and got the upgrade to Pro 4.0 for cheap through a kickoff promo. It goes on until the end of this month. They upgraded me to Pro 4.0 for $99.00. The difference is huge.

I record with a standalone unit (Boss BR-8) and convert the tracks to wave to drop in Acid. I can't answer the recording question, but I do advise you to spend the extra coin and go with a "Pro" version. Even if it is 3.0 or 4.0 or whatever, you will be glad you did.

Good Luck!
Joel

BandGeek said:
Hi all . :)

A. I just downloaded the Acid 3.0 demo from Kazaa. .......

B. 1. Can someone enlighten me about the differences of the few sonic foundry products? I'm not really sure of which suits me best
I'm doing a demo for my band (2 guitar, bass , vocal, drums)
I really like the Acid thing with the Mixer on the right bottom * which CoolEditPro lacks*

C. 2. Which of Sonic Foundry's products have the record function *like the one CoolEditPro has* which lets u record direct from line-in/mic-in ?

D. 3. Right, so if those two above are answered , I'd probably use Acid product for it's flexibility and user friendlyness . Is there any sites or programs which i can d/l premixed sound files from ? (such as drum loops , bass , guitar )

E. Thanks to all who reads this , more to those to replys. :)
I appreciate your helps.

A. You could have downloaded Acid Pro 4.0 from Sonic Foundry.
http://www.sonicfoundry.com

B. Vegas Video or Vegas Audio might be better suited for you (they are tracking programs). However you could use Acid for your tracking purposes.

C. Sound Forge 6.0 by Sonic Foundry.

D. I list them for you in the next post..........

E. You're welcome. ;)

peace.........

Dude, Vegas is what you want for tracking audio. Acid, with Vegas and Sound Forge, is a great combination. Worth every penny you spend on it, IMO.

Plus, when your album is recorded, you can use Vegas to then make your music video. :)

Good luck!

Back