Acid 6.0 lagging

posted

Just today my band was recording using Acid Pro 6.0. The drum tracks are already laid down and were attempting to record the guitar over it. The problem we are having is that when the guitar is recorded and then played back it seems way out of time with the drums. But the weird part is that just before it started doing this it was fine. We recorded the guitar part to the whole song, played it back, and it was in time. Our setup is a 12 channel mixer going into a sound card on a PC. Like I said it was working just before it started doing this, literally within a couple minutes. Also we recorded a demo a few months back the same way and it was completely fine. Does anyone know whats going on?

Try restarting the computer maybe?
Also, the more tracks you have, the more lag you will have.

I use Acid every once in a while... My computer is getting old, so I just record to my BR-600 to avoid lag problems.

When I use my computer and my Alesis mixer, I get alot of lag. Vocals are usually about 1/4 second behind.

I just have to record, then click and drag the waves back a little, and it sorts it out. Kind of annoying, but its what I have to do until I get another computer.

So we tried restarting the computer and it still did it. After that we went into the audio device properties and set the user recording latency offset to 86 MS and it seems to be fine. Were just not sure why we had to do that all of a sudden when before it was fine.

AAAHHH so that's what it is. I may need to try that, this crap was happening with us as well, and well - it's quite annoying.

So we tried restarting the computer and it still did it. After that we went into the audio device properties and set the user recording latency offset to 86 MS and it seems to be fine. Were just not sure why we had to do that all of a sudden when before it was fine.

mine is also like that. at the first time i put the drums and guitar it was alright. but then after like 3 more record, my drum sound is like echoing, and the beats are double.

hmm, im gonna try this latency

mine still didn't work. i set it into 86. still hear the annoying beats.. hum? maybe the beats want to be added in the end?

My computer randomly lags recorded audio here and there. I just disable snapping on the timeline temporarily and slide the track over by increments smaller than 64th triplets until the audio clip is lined up rhythmically. You can kind of see when it's really lined up, given that the audio track was recorded with accuracy to begin with. I hope that helps.

Back