VS-1824CD Help

Dactyl

I just got the VS-1824CD which was an upgrade from the BR-8. I was able to learn the BR-8 completely in a few days but this 1824 is driving me nuts. The manuals SUCK!!! Very bad japenglish. Does anyone know if there is a good source for learning this thing. I have to admit that I am new to recording and some concepts like routing and how the different mixers work are a little fuzzy. Any feedback would be helpfull.

Thanx

Dactyl

i have to agree...those manuals suck...i just got my 1824cd about a week ago and trying to follow the manuals just sucks...there are so many errors it's insane...sorry i don't have any advice for you...i just wanted you to know that i feel your pain...maybe you could pick up an instructional video or something or take it down to a local roland retailer and see if anyone there can simplify things...great machine though...i've been running some tapes out of my four track into the roland and getting them burned on cd...sounds great...good luck man

VS 1824CD Manuals

Hi everyone

I also have a VS 1824CD, although mine only came with the owner's manual. I understand that it was supposed to come with two other appendices. As if the owner's manual was not worthless enough, I am really in the weedds as I'm lacking these two bits of vital info. Would anyone be willing to make me a copy of each? I could reimburse you for your time and materials if necessary. I like this machine, although I'm probably only utilizing about 30% of its abilities.

Thanks

Justice

Gentlemen, I feel your pain. I spent the better part of the last 2 years recording an entire album on a VS1824CD. See my posts on Davester's thread below, I may have explained a couple of things there that you haven't figured out yet. Good luck.-Richie

Back